What do you get when you combine two iconic breakfast foods? Something so devilishly delicious it will become a special occasion staple.
Whether it’s their birthday, school holidays, you’re hosting a sleepover for their little besties (any occasion for Coco Pops® choc chip pancakes, really) this recipe is a sure-fire way to get any parents in the good books.
Watch the full video and follow along with the steps below.
- 2 cups plain flour
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Butter for greasing
- Garnishes: whipped cream or Greek yoghurt, fresh berries, maple syrup and Kellogg’s® Coco Pops®
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, add milk, olive oil, egg and vanilla bean paste and whisk until combined.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and add wet ingredients.
- Stir until you get a thick and creamy batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat your non-stick pan over medium heat and grease with butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan into a round shape.
- Flip with spatula once bubbles surface then cook further until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter and stack your pancakes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
- Don’t forget extra Kellogg’s® Coco Pops®.
- Eat and enjoy!
So, next time something sweet is calling, consider those cravings crunched.