Whether it be because you are cooking in your dorm, or you just want to cut down on the dishwashing, we all love to turn to one pot recipes once in a while. They’re quick and convenient. But a common misconception is that they create less tasty versions of the original recipe. Let this One…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Whether it be because you are cooking in your dorm, or you just want to cut down on the dishwashing, we all love to turn to one pot recipes once in a while. They’re quick and convenient. But a common misconception is that they create less tasty versions of the original recipe. Let this One Pot Spaghetti prove you wrong!
It has plenty of rich, thick marinara sauce, fresh mushrooms, and even some flavorful cream cheese. Moreover, this is loaded with well-cooked and meaty ground beef. Together with other components, you get a hearty and tasty spaghetti dish that you won’t even need more than just one cooking pot for!
Now doesn’t that sound like a great deal? If it does, keep reading for the steps to making this recipe!
How to Make One Pot Spaghetti
- Cooking the spaghetti. You will need 4 quarts of water in your cooking pot. Then apply heat so the water could start boiling. Once it does, it is time to sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of salt. Also add your 1 lb. of spaghetti. Then just keep this cooking for 11 minutes. When that time is up, you can drain the water, and just set the spaghetti aside.
- Preparing the meat. As promised, we will be using the same pot for this part. Heat up the cooking pot, and then place your 1 lb. of ground beef inside. Just cook this until the beef fully browns.
- Sautéing some other components. Now we will also use 1 onion we’ve diced, 4 cloves of garlic we’ve diced, 1 ½ cups of chopped fresh mushroom, and 1 bell pepper we’ve chopped. Transfer all of this to the pot, and then just sauté everything for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Adding marinara sauce. Let’s drain the oil from the pot. Then put the 24 ounces of marinara sauce you’ve prepared in the pot. Pour 1 ½ cups of water inside as well, and just wait for the mixture to boil.
- Letting all of the ingredients get cooked. Toss in 1 Knorr Beef Cube for that added meaty flavor. Then cover your pot. Take the heat down to the lowest setting, and keep cooking for 20 minutes more. Remember that you will need to stir everything together every 5 minutes. And if you notice the mixture is getting too dry, feel free to pour more water inside.
- Integrating the noodles. Now we can put our cooked spaghetti back in the pot, and toss these into our sauce. Keep this going until all of the noodles are evenly coated in our velvety sauce.
- Adding cheese and seasonings. For this final step, you will just need to add as much salt and ground black pepper as you prefer. Also add your ¼ cup of cream cheese, and toss this into the mixture. Top it all off with ¾ cup of grated cheddar cheese.
If you want to complete package, I would suggest serving your yummy One Pot Spaghetti with a few other dishes. But don’t worry because this pasta dish works great alone too! I just enjoy my spaghetti with certain side dishes to make the meal even more filling and satisfying.
What to Have with One Pot Spaghetti
Pasta and garlic bread— now that’s a match made in heaven! The slight garlic-y taste of this dish pairs perfectly with the richness of our spaghetti. And a handy thing about this recipe of mine is that it gives you two great options. You can make your Garlic Bread with butter or olive oil! You also have the option of making your own bread from scratch, or going ahead, and buying directly from the market. The latter is my option for when I have a bit less time on my hands.
Speaking of perfect matches, the greatness of the fried chicken and spaghetti combo cannot be understated. The crunchiness of the chicken goes quite well with the marinara sauce in our spaghetti. But if you are interested in trying this pairing out with a twist, I’d suggest adding a kick to your chicken! This Spicy Version of my Crispy Fried Chicken recipe has enough heat to excite your senses!
You can also incorporate some veggies into the meal by adding this Arugula Salad With Chopped Walnuts. It has a pleasantly refreshing and sour taste that complements our spaghetti, as well as our aforementioned dishes. The best part is it takes just about 11 minutes to make! That’s because once you’ve washed your veggies, all that’s left is to toss and mix.
If you have any queries about this One Pot Spaghetti, just leave them in the comments below! I’d also appreciate any suggestions you might have on this recipe.
Pour 4 quarts of water on a cooking pot. Let it boil and then add 1 teaspoon salt and spaghetti. Continue cooking for 11 minutes. Drain the water and set the spaghetti aside.
Heat the same cooking pot. Add the ground beef. Cook until it browns.
Add onion, garlic, mushroom, and bell pepper. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain the oil out and then add the marinara sauce and 1 1/2 cups water. Let it boil.
Add Knorr Beef Cube. Cover the pot and then adjust the heat to the lowest setting. Continue cooking for 20 minutes. Note: stir the mixture every 5 minutes and add more water as needed.
Put the cooked spaghetti back into the pot. Toss until it gets coated by the sauce.
Season with salt and ground black pepper and then add the cream cheese. Toss.
Top with grated cheddar cheese. Serve warm with garlic bread. Share and enjoy!
Calories: 735kcal (37%) Carbohydrates: 81g (27%) Protein: 35g (70%) Fat: 30g (46%) Saturated Fat: 13g (65%) Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g Monounsaturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 93mg (31%) Sodium: 1057mg (44%) Potassium: 1066mg (30%) Fiber: 6g (24%) Sugar: 10g (11%) Vitamin A: 1657IU (33%) Vitamin C: 43mg (52%) Calcium: 200mg (20%) Iron: 5mg (28%)